Get all the Rebates, Grants and Credits Available to You!

Rocknoll Energy Systems is based in the Cincinnati area and serves clients in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. Since rebates and credits are often linked to state and local governments, it is impossible to address all the savings that may be available to your renewable energy investment.

Specifics will vary base on your location. To learn more, you can visit the DSIRE website to see incentives for your area.

Alternative Energy Incentives Ohio Indiana Kentucky

Local municipalities may also offer credits and rebates. Rocknoll will layer all the savings possibly available to reduce the cost of your investment, allowing you to pursue your purchase and installation.


Grants are a form of non-repayable funds that can be used to help pay for your project costs. They have a competitive application process. These applications will typically require several forms of site documentation as well as plans and other technical assessments made for the project. There is also usually a longer turn around time on funds, sometimes upwards of 6 months to a year. Grants aren’t something that will turn around overnight.

REAP – Rural Energy for America Program

One of the more commonly applied for grants is the REAP grant, offered by the USDA. This grant is for renewable energy projects as well as energy efficiency. It is intended for rural agricultural producers and businesses and will cover up to 25% of the project cost.

Renewable Energy Project Grant:

  • $2,500 min
  • $500,000 max

Energy Efficiency Project Grant:

  • $1,500 min
  • $250,000 max

For more information visit the USDA’s website.



Many times utility companies will offer rebates and other incentives for reducing energy consumption. Like many of the other offers listed here, they differ with different companies or regions. Efficiency upgrades, such as replacing conventional lighting with LEDs or updating an HVAC system, are usually covered in the varring list of rebates.

As a hypothetical example, if you were to replace a 4-foot T12 fluorescent bulb with a 4-foot LED tube light you could receive $5 from your utility per lamp replaced.

Here is a list of some energy providers and their rebates page:

If you don’t have one of the above providers then try searching your companies name and ‘rebate’ in your preferred search engine. EX: “Ohio Edison rebates”

Tax Credit

The federal government offers an investment tax credit for solar, solar thermal, wind, and a few other renewable energy sources. This credit is a dollar-for-dollar reduction of the income taxes of the homeowner or business. Currently, the rate is 30% of the project cost for solar, solar thermal, and wind, however, these numbers will change in the future. Here is a quick fact sheet from the Solar Energy Industries Association for more information.

To see what the future will hold for these ITCs, visit the Department of Energy’s website.